Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 1 of New Eating Habits

Day 1 (Well, our first official day that I have recorded = )
*Breakfast
-pumkin flax granola with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, fresh strawberries, and dried blueberries
*Snack
-Clif Kid Organic fruit rope (from Sam's!!)
*Lunch
-Kashi Whole Grain Spinach and Mushroom pizza (from Sam's!!)
*Snack
-whole grain crackers with hummus or fresh salsa
*Dinner
-Grilled chicken breast with roasted brussel sprouts and baked sweet potato fries
*Snack (Yes, I had to have another snack after dinner! I am nursing Lily and she has been eating like crazy this week which has made me extra hungry! = )
-another bowl of pumpkin flax granola with fresh fruit and almond milk and carrots with humus

Micah really enjoyed eating lots of fresh fruit throughout the day and he liked the pizza and the sweet potato fries! We are slowly getting him used to the almond milk by mixing half of his regular cow's milk with it or by adding a little bit of chocolate syrup to the almond milk.

We are also trying to drink lots of water and very little to no soft drinks or sweet tea, although I do confess I may have to have an occasional glass of sweet tea = )

I just finished baking some muffins for breakfast and they are delicious! I had to sneak a bite = ) They are vegan whole oat blueberry muffins. The recipe came from the Forks over Knives book.

No comments:

Post a Comment