This morning I was finally able to go to my first MOPS meeting thanks to my sweet husband who watched the kids! I went into pre-term labor with Lily about the time MOPS started up in the fall and was unable to attend last semester. I am able to go now because David can stay home with the kids on the Wednesday's that we meet. Lily isn't quite at a point to be in public or among other babies or children because of flu season, which is why David graciously watched them today! What a blessing to be encouraged in my walk with the Lord, to be challenged to be a better mommy, and to enjoy some adult interaction = )
My breakfast was provided by MOPS and, I won't lie, it wasn't the healthiest choices I've made this week but it was very yummy!
For lunch I had leftover black bean soup, Micah had a whole wheat tortilla with hummus, and David fixed his own version of stir-fried vegetables and rice with Chinese brown sauce. He is so creative and talented in the kitchen! I am blessed = )
For dinner I made Eggplant Parmesan over whole grain pasta. My sweet husband took a picture of our meal! I hope to post some more pictures that I've taken over the last week sometime soon!

Photo by David McWhite
This eggplant parmesan looks delicious! I would love to have this recipe to try!
ReplyDeleteIt's really easy! I just slice the eggplant about 1/4 inch thick and lay on a cooling rack. Liberally sprinkle salt on both sides and let it sit for an hour (this rids it of bitter juices). Rinse the eggplant in a colander really well and drain/dry off with a towel. I dip it in flour, then egg, then garlic and herb bread crumbs with a little Parmesan cheese mixed in. I sauteed it in about 1/2 inch of olive oil until crispy and serve over whole grain noodles and your favorite tomato sauce. Hope you enjoy!
ReplyDelete